Presales and Postsales DBA
Blue Core Research is seeking an experienced technical individual for presale and postsale. This position is entirely remote working from anywhere in Latin America.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with sales and customers on technical subjects relating to databases and security. This position supports sales and customers from presale to postsale and support. You must have the ability to present solutions, help sell them, and later implement them in customer production environments. You must be comfortable speaking with customers and able to explain concepts to them, answer questions, demonstrate products, install software, and provide suggestions, best practices, and technical support. Blue Core Research develops advanced technologies for the security and compliance of databases and applications. You must become well-versed in these technologies, related environments, and technical information.
- Senior technical resource across LATAM, working directly with R&D in the United States.
- Presale – work with sales as a technical resource. Attend meetings, answer questions, do technical presentations, demos, POCs, etc.
- Postsale – work with paying customers. Do training, knowledge transfers, installations, help in configuration, etc.
- Support – help customers with 1st and 2nd level support cases.
- Fluent Spanish and able to work with management in the USA in English on a daily basis.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with sales, talking with customers, doing presentations, demos, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with multiple Databases. At least Oracle, SQL Server, and another database like MySQL or PostgreSQL. Ideally, DBA experience as well as a background in data modeling.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with multiple Operating systems. At least Linux, Windows, and another Unix like Solaris or AIX.
- Preferred experience in Security & Compliance. General background in security, compliance, database security, attacks, SQL injection, PCI-DSS, SOX, etc.
- Preferred experience working with application environments like Java (e.g. tomcat).
- Preferred experience in Networking. General background in TCP/IP, firewalls, ports, etc.
- Excellent personal and sales skills, enjoy challenges, can work alone, bright, upbeat, energetic, responsible, and dependable.
- BS in a technical field or have equivalent work experience.
Email email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for this position.