Core Audit can monitor a large number of Oracle databases with modest resources. The Core Audit Server can therefore be installed on a physical or virtual machine. The Core Audit Agent can work in any Oracle database environment listed below and require only negligible resources.
Core Audit Server
The Core Audit Server performs all the processing, storage and reporting functionality. It is generally installed on a separate machine from the Oracle database, and supports both the Windows and Linux operating systems. The Audit Server machine can be either physical or virtual with a minimum specification of:
- For a Windows Audit Server – Windows Server 2003 (or above) or Windows XP (or above)
Windows Audit Servers should also have .NET 3.5 installed.
- For a Linux Audit Server – RedHat, CentOS, Oracle Linux and most other Linux distributions.
- A minimum of 1 GB of memory
- A minimum of 20 GB of free hard disk space
Core Audit Agent
The Core Audit Agent installs on the Oracle database server and collects all the Oracle database activity. It works in any environment that runs an Oracle database with no special requirements for hardware or software. Currently supported Oracle database systems are:
- Linux 32bit (x86) or 64bit (X64)
- Solaris 8 (or above) on SPARC
- Solaris 10 (or above) on X64 (Intel/AMD)
- AIX 5.3 (or above) on PowerPC
- Windows 32bit (x86) or 64bit (X64)